Thursday, December 22, 2011

Where I have been...

Hello to all the people who actually take the time to read my blathering commentary about the current political atmosphere.   I know I have not posted anything since October, so I thought I should tell you all why. 

In November, I participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and as it was such, I wrote a novel (Novel in this case is defined as 50,000 words of more).  I was able to complete my novel in by November the 25th and because of the stress of writing that much that fast, I decided to take some time off from writing afterward.  I am not a professional writer, nor have I ever taken any writing classes, so the novel was an attempt to see if I could do it and if I enjoyed it.  Turns out I enjoyed it quite a bit, plus I think the novel isn’t half bad. 

Since that is the case once December rolled around I started the editing process on my novel.  So far I am about three quarters of the way through the first edit.  I have added about 2,000 words to the original body of work as well as correcting a lot of the grammar mistakes I have made in the initial writing of the story.  My ultimate goal by the time I finish all of the editing for the book is to have between 70,000 and 100,000 words.  I don’t know how to accomplish this, but hey, I will let the story go where the story goes.

I will be back to the blogging about politics soon, but I really feel the need to keep my focus on this book for the moment.  Lord knows I am missing out on a LOT of material that the lefties are giving me to talk about that, but with the novel I just haven’t had time to do all the research I need to do in order to make sure that you, my faithful readers, are well informed. 

If any of you readers out there are curious about the book, I am going to post some information about it on my other blog “Musings of a Mad Poet”.  This is a blog I initially started as a place to challenge myself with poetry exercises but that has initially gone by the wayside because I got to the point that I didn’t want to post any more poetry.  For a while I have been wondering what to do with that blog but now I think I have a use for it again.  I plan on keeping people who are interested in my book up to date on it through that blog.  I will still use it for its original purpose from time to time, but mostly it will be dedicated to my nonpolitical writings.  I may even change its name to something catchy like “Excessively Boring Drivel That Will Make Your Eyes Bleed” though I doubt it.

Anyways, back to the point…  I am still here, nothing has happened to me, just been busy.  Maybe as my writing improves I will be able to reach a point to where I can handle both me political and nonpolitical writings simultaneously.  Check back at least once a week here, I am going to try to have some new stuff up by mid-January at the latest, though I hope to have it much earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment